Welcome

Poor old Gilbert is getting restless. Despite the fact that there is more interest in wildlife than ever before, it seems that most of the so-called conservation organisations are losing interest in species. Instead they prefer to babble on about landscape scale conservation and ecosystem services (whatever they are). Could this be because most of their staff don't have any knowledge about species if they don't have four legs?
This is my attempt to encourage an interest in good old-fashioned natural history.

Thursday 30 January 2014

Things that should be banned - part two

Bloody Microsoft messing around with my computer when I didn't ask them to.

A couple of months ago Microsoft decided to change my internet browser to Internet Explorer 11. I didn't ask them to, I was quite happy with IE 10. Since then I have had increasing problems trying to upload photo's to this blog and in the last couple of weeks it has just become impossible. It turns out that Blogger is not compatible with IE 11!

After wasting the whole evening trying all manner of fixes that are suggested on the internet - all of which have failed - I gave up and downloaded Google Chrome as my browser. Guess what? Everything suddenly works fine.

So thanks for nothing Microsoft, please let me know the address to which I should send the invoice for my time this evening.

Just to prove to myself that I can upload a photo now, here is a picture of 'Waldo' the Ring-billed Gull that has returned to Gosport for its 11th winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment